About this Job
Games for Change is looking for a social media intern to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact this fall. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Draft social media content for Games for Change’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Help manage our social media and communications calendar
- Schedule approved posts via Tweetdeck and social media scheduling tools
- Research leaders and influencers in key areas for specific G4C programs
- Provide reports from Google Analytics and social media tools
- Research industry news and updates from game developers
- Add posts to the Games for Change blog
- You have excellent grammar, writing, and research skills
- Ideally, you’ve handled social media accounts for an organization before. At minimum, you have active social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are familiar with or willing to learn social media scheduling tools.
- Know how to collect and report social media metrics
- Basic photo-editing skills for editing and resizing photos and screenshots
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Google Docs
- Comfortable with WordPress and HTML
- Driven to complete tasks on time and able to switch gears quickly
- Knowledge or interest in the games, especially social impact games
- Weekly commitment of 20-30 hours/week; minimum of 10 weeks. Start date 2/5/2018.
- Position based in New York (with the possibility of remote work for the right candidate)
- Internship is for credit and non-credit. Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university level program and be eligible to receive school credit
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Social Media Intern” to Marissa Harts, Operations Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location.
- School, program and expected graduation year.
- Sample tweet for the G4C program listed above that is of the most interest to you. This should be written as if it is coming from the Games for Change Twitter account.
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience.
About Games for Change
Founded in 2004, Games for Change empowers game creators and social innovators to drive real-world change using games that help people to learn, improve their communities, and contribute to make the world a better place. We convene stakeholders through our annual G4C Festival and foster the exchange of ideas and resources through workshops and consulting projects. We inspire youth to explore civic issues and learn 21st-century and STEM skills through our Student Challenge and train educators to run game design classes on impact games. We incubate projects through our game design challenges and executive production expertise in coalition building. We act as an amplifier by curating and evangelizing games for change to the public through our games arcades and awards.