Games for Change is looking for two social media interns to support a range of projects promoting games for social impact. Candidates for this unpaid internship should meet the below qualifications and requirements.
- Draft social media content for Games for Change’s social media accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
- Schedule approved posts via Tweetdeck and social media scheduling tools
- Research leaders and influencers in key areas for specific G4C programs
- Provide reports from Google Analytics and social media tools
- You have excellent grammar, writing, and research skills
- Ideally, you’ve handled social media accounts for an organization before. At minimum, you have active social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, and are familiar with or willing to learn social media scheduling tools.
- Know how to collect social media metrics and have experience doing so
- Basic photo-editing skills for editing and resizing photos and screenshots
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Google Docs
- Comfortable with WordPress and HTML
- Driven to complete tasks on time and able to switch gears quickly
- Knowledge or interest in the games, especially social impact games
Interns will support the following programs:
- NYC G4C Student Challenge: We’ve launched our NYC Games for Change Student Challenge, a new game design program for middle and high school students throughout the 2015-16 school year that is supported by an amazing group of partner organizations.
- G4C Industry Circle: In a first-of-its-kind effort to acknowledge the achievements and opportunities in the games for change sector, we are pleased to announce a new initiative called the Games for Change Industry Circle.
- G4C Festival: The largest gaming conference in NYC celebrates the positive power of digital games. For the past two years, it has been part of the Tribeca Film Festival.
- Cities of Learning / LRNG: This past summer, we produced three live arcades for youth in Dallas, Chicago and Pittsburgh, reaching more than 2,500 kids. We’ve joined the LRNG, the relaunch of Cities of Learning, as a strategic partner.
- G4C Talk & Play series: A recently launched lecture and game arcade series. We were honored to host our initial events with Jane McGonigal, YouTube stars and game developers at YouTube Space LA, and tech innovation community PopTech.
- An upcoming game design challenge: To be announced soon!
To apply, please send an email with the subject line “G4C Social Media Intern” to Meghan (meghan (at) gamesforchange.org). Please send your resume as an attachment and include the following information in the body of the email:
- Availability (hours per week) and location
- School, program and expected graduation year
- Sample tweet for the G4C program listed above that is of the most interest to you. This should be written as if it is coming from the Games for Change Twitter account.
- Overview of interest and experience with social impact games (design, play, etc.)
- Details on any prior related internship experience