[ This position is no longer available. Thank you to everyone who applied. ]
Screen shot from Collapsus by submarine channel
The field of games for social impact is experiencing some incredible growth. From empowering women and girls around the world to using the power of games to help create a positive effect on our planet’s climate. But to further advance this field, more games for change need to be made and reach large audiences. In order to demonstrate best practices and help guide organizations making their first steps, we are looking to expand our lab services and hire a Senior Game Producer.
This unique, full time position at our New York City office is open immediately to all candidates who meet the proper requirements. Please see the description below and follow the appropriate instructions to apply.
SENIOR GAME PRODUCER
Start Date: Immediate
Salary: Negotiable based on experience – F/T with benefits
Please send cover letter and resume to Asi Burak, Co-President, Games for Change at asiburak (at) gamesforchange.org
No calls, please.
Games for Change is seeking a Senior Game Producer with commercial, real-world experience, to guide Games for Change’s clients and partners in creating and distributing games for social impact. The services can range from a limited advisory role to overseeing full-scale game projects. This is a senior management position, working closely with third parties (e.g. developers, content experts, evaluation teams) and reporting directly to the Co-President. The position is based in Games for Change’s offices in NYC.
This is a new position and one with tremendous growth as it resides at the core of the organization’s ability to demonstrate best practices, and shape development and publishing methodologies that could serve numerous constituents around this emerging field.
Requirements for an ideal candidate include:
- 3-5 years of experience in the gaming industry (or in developing games) as a game producer or a senior game producer. Note: we are looking for a creative producer with deep understanding of game design, beyond project management skills.
- Having managed at least one game from concept phase to a successful launch.
- Experience across genres and platforms (i.e. mobile, social, casual).
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, developers, researchers and business partners.
- Experience in delivering software products / services under tight time and budget constraints.
- Deep passion for creating high-quality games that could produce sustainable and positive impact on our society.
- Natural curiosity around real-world issues and current events.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
Core tasks include:
- Leading concept workshops with organizations or individuals that are interested in pursuing games to further their public mission.
- Conducting stakeholder interviews around game projects.
- Leading market research on latest trends, available games and business models.
- Preparing game pitches for funders and other decision makers.
- Helping game funders to launch a public RFP process.
- Streamlining feedback from content experts.
- Forming partnerships to scale and sustain projects.
- Collaborating with assessment experts to evaluate products / services.
- Supporting partners in all aspects of overseeing a successful development process.
An ideal candidate will have proficiency in:
Software: Microsoft Office (with excellent control of Excel), Power Point and Keynote, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign or Illustrator, Dreamweaver and/or WordPress, Bug tracking and other project management tools.
Platforms: Windows (XP, Vista, 7), Mac OS X, Lion
What we do:
Founded in 2004, Games for Change catalyzes the creation and distribution of social impact games that serve as critical tools in humanitarian and educational efforts. Unlike the commercial gaming industry, we aim to leverage entertainment and engagement for social good. To further grow the field, Games for Change convenes multiple stakeholders, highlights best practices, incubates games, and helps create and direct investment into new projects.
Games for Change provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veterans in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.